2012-12-24

Photo of the Week 2012-12-24

With the official arrival of winter came the first local snowfall of any consequence in 2012, just enough to lay down a dusting of the "white stuff" and launch my official winter photography season.

I decided to get and early start and hike the nearby Watson Rd. section of the Guelph Radial Trail so I could be back well before noon. There was a blustery wind gusting and  skies were cloudy when I arrived at the trailhead ... in pitch dark. Sunrise was completely blocked out by the cloud cover and there wasn't much sense starting out before there was some daylight so I sat and finished my hot tea. Soon, the clouds would break up a bit and and it was time to head out.

After meeting up with a couple of friendly pups out for an early walk with their human, I took the trail loop clockwise and started the gentle climb to the lookout just in time for sun to start breaking through and announce arrival of this "winter morning". 

winter morning


DJE

1 comment:

  1. Ian Frazer, Victoria BC25 December 2012 at 01:18

    Really, really nice shot Doug!

    Love the sun star.

    ReplyDelete