2012-12-10

Photo of the Week 2012-12-10

After last weekend's outing to RBG for some extreme close up flower photography, I had an opportunity to go and shoot a band during a studio recording session. The session was in Oshawa and because I arrived later, they had already set up and laid down base tracks for the 4 songs they were recording but I was still able to capture some of the session for the guys.

Here, John lays down a vocal track for Ocean Pearl.

vocals - in the booth
For this shoot there were a number of challenges to getting some decent images in the recording studio setting. Space was limited, ligting was terrible for photogrpahy with incansescent bulbs, warm coloured wood surfaces and very low lighting levels. With the various booths having double glass windows and doors for acoustic, I was shooting through at least two layers of glass for most of the shots and since reflection and glare were part of the ambiance of the location, I just went with it. This image of John in the vocal booth I think illustrates what I'm talking about and IMO the reflections bring a sense of the environment to the image.

DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment