2022-08-29

Photo of the Week 2022-08-29

 
It's over two months since returning from Scotland and I still have images to publish ! But I am getting close to exhausting the inventory of yet to be processed, yet to be released captures from the time in 'Alba'.
 
I've never been one to "dump" a large number of images on social media at one time, likely never more than 10, but I'd have to check back to be certain. More often than not, it's no more than a handful and often only one select image, particularly when I'm not showcasing a collection of images from travel or some other photocentric outing.

While working through my set of captures from Glasgow and the time at the Necropolis, I came across one in particular that I very much like. It was from the infrared converted EOS M and converted to B&W in NIK SilverEfex with my favourite high-contrast preset, it just jumped at me. So impressed, I called to the 'missus' and said, "This is a winner, this is an instant favourite, this will be a photo of the week for sure !" Now, it may be a winner to me, one of my favourites, but your mileage may vary ... let me know what you think.

' eternal rest '

Upon seeing this file processed in B&W, I was reminding of something theatrical, something animated, something from a graphic novel or animated video. I still haven't put my finger on just what that is but I have a feeling it was a scene from an animated video. Perhaps a cemetery scene from an animated Batman movie ... where the seated figure, a villain, rises and walks into the night ...  Oh my imagination ;-)



The colour version from another camera and lens combo is interesting in it's own right, just not so much as the IR B&W in my opinion.
  
 
Note: These images are of the grave and memorial to Charles Tennant, Chemist and Industrialist. Hi 'is' one of the more notable residents of the necropolis and namesake of Charles Tennant & Company still in the chemical business today. One does have to wonder at the inspiration behind some of these more unusual memorial sculptures ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DJE
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Doug for this awesome vicarious journey through certain not so well known areas of Scotland. Many years ago, I mentioned to you that I was not a fan of B&W pictures. The colour version of your photo of this week has pleased me immensely and I would request you to include a comparison between B&W and colour whenever possible going forward. All the best to you, Doug. Keep up the extraordinary work you do and Hello to "the missus"

    ReplyDelete