2021-03-22

Photo of the Week 2021-03-22

 
I'm really going to miss winter, particularly since what we had wasn't really much of a winter at all. A trek out to the Lake Huron shoreline on Cape Hurd just a couple of days before the official start of spring, showed how winter is clearly in the rear view mirror for another year.The usual buildup of ice is all but gone, what was formed, now melted with unseasonably warm temperatures and days of bright sunshine.
 
I took advantage of a last opportunity to capture the beauty offered by Canadian winter ...
 
ice cloud
A bit of the back story ...

I invited my cousin Steve up to the cottage and we had a couple of days to show him around, eat well, chat about life and generally enjoy some time together. We had hiked the Hobson Trail out to the Huron shore and were exploring along the rocks to the south. We got to an area where there were a few remnants of ice and snow pushed up. The translucent turquoise glow on the underside from the strong sunlight caught my eye and I started working to find a composition. Leaning way over and shooting up under the ice I called to Steve and said "I have just the title for this one". His response ... "well from what I see right now, it should be called Doug's ass". I damn near fell over on my face laughing. Good people and good humour make for good times.

DJE

1 comment: