2017-09-11

Photo of the Week 2017-09-11

With Lynn heading to TO for a family get together and Murphy needing some supervision (he had some minor surgery and between him chewing off the leg bandage to pull out stitches, then replacement staples and him throwing up from the meds), I decided to take him up to the cottage for some one-on-one time.

Keeping to shortened walks and not straying too far from the cottage, it was a relaxing couple of days of reading, puttering about, reading, more puttering and more reading, with a little shore-side siesta time. 

Saturday evening delivered a glorious sunset over Lake Huron. With the days getting shorter and the sun now setting just to the north of the point, I was able to catch this scene, though I had to put down my drink, get out of my chair and walk about 100'.

This scene reminded me so much of sunset on the west coast of Vancouver Island, near Ucluelet.
 
west coast sunset ... in the east
#100feetfromwhereilive 

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset! You've got a nice place to go for photos like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly consider myself fortunate to have a place in this beautiful part of Ontario. It can be a challenge to range further than the shore in photographic pursuit ... ahhhh such problems.

      Delete