2016-09-19

Photo of the Week 2016-09-19

There are some photographers that say you should live with an image for a while before making the final decision on it. The thought being that for a period of time right after the image is made, the emotion that caused you to make the image in the first place is still with you and it can be difficult to be fully objective about the result.

Living with an image can mean a number of things but I think that finishing the initial processing and printing it so it can be viewed regularly is the best way to see if how I feel about it changes over time. 

A few weeks ago, I made a series of images at sunset from the water on Hay Bay near the tip of the Bruce Peninsula. One from that set has been processed, printed and set aside to live with. It has been printed in various sizes and scrutinized quite a few times in that period of time and I'm convinced that it's one of the better images I've made. That's my opinion, your mileage may vary ...

afterglow
I'm now considering new options for presenting the image. I'm inclined to use it for launching a 'Signature Series' of select images printed on premium fine art media, signed and embossed, possibly in an edition of limited numbers. Whatever I decide, one will certainly one will hang in my own collection and a second will anchor my gallery display at Upper Deck in Tobermory.

DJE 

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. Subtle changing of the colours, the sky banding, the ocean's reflections... well worth framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you like it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete