2016-05-30

Photo of the Week 2016-05-30

 On a still spring evening with uncharacteristically calm water, we set out in the kayaks onto Hay Bay. What was intended to be a sunset paddle, turned into more of a paddle in movie. We just went out from shore enough to see the sun setting behind the clouds, floated around and watched the show. It was stunning ...

heavenly reflection
I can see this being a regular activity at the cottage when conditions are right :-)

For those interested in some further insight, Lynn and I recently purchased sit-on-top kayaks for the cottage and they were delivered on Monday, the first day of our recent vacation. We chose sit-on-tops because we're not experienced 'kayakers" and with me being a "bit of a phobe" when it comes to boating in water I'm unfamiliar with, this was seen as the prudent choice. You can check out the boats using the following links, Lynn's is a 2016 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120, mine is also a Wildi, but the Ride 135 model

Lynn is the adventurous one when it comes to exploring on the water and I need to remind her to slow down and let me take small steps as I work through my 'issues'. I'm committed to pushing my comfort envelope and through desensitization, cracking this nut that holds me back. This past week was a great success as far as I am concerned. We got out a few times, not going very far yet, staying inside Hay Bay, but each time a little further. With scenes like the one above, I may have a little more incentive to pull me through.

Oh, and now I'm looking for a camera solution to use when kayaking. I won't be taking either of my DSLR's out for photographs like this on the water, though they may come with me packed in a dry-bag to come out once we find a location to land and go ashore. My selection for this image was my EOS M3, small and easily packable in a small dry bag I was comfortable taking it out, particularly with the calm water.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment