2015-12-14

Photo of the Week 2015-12-14

... actually a photo series this week

Having surrendered the cottage to one of our sons, I was looking closer to home for a trail to explore this past weekend and had noticed a comment from fellow blogger, the Furry Gnome on one of my recent posts. He mentioned the Hanlon Creek trails he used to roam and that gave me an idea to revisit the area, but those plans were short lived.

During the week I reached out to friend and regular photo companion Alan, thinking we would be able to get out for a photo walkabout while I was in town, but he had other plans. Then late in the week I started thinking of how to fit in a facility visit for work during an already packed schedule next week ... and came up with the idea of taking care of it on Saturday knowing I could find some trails near Celadon to explore instead of the Hanlon area. I pocked Forks of the Credit Provincial Park. It had been years since I had been out there and it was time for some hiking and photography.

kettle lake shore
With another tip of the hat to the Furry Gnome, when selecting this location, I had envisioned making a series of photographs along the trail much as he does periodically for his blog, Seasons in the Valley

Shortly in to my hike, I came across this kettle lake less than a kilometer from the car. Drawn to the lines of the trees across the lake, reflecting on the water in the still hazy air of the morning, I stopped and started to assess the scene before me.There was a section of shoreline that my eye kept returning to, from a clump of birch trunks to an old broken snag by the shore. I got lost in the process, formulating my approach, moving a few steps right, forward, over there and then back. Almost in a trance, oblivious to anything else around me, I worked the scene, framing it up in trial compositions, exploring several of the details. Then I was done, having made several images I was back and aware of other things, I could hear the voice of a child coming closer as he rode on his father's back enjoying the trails. The came down the trail and as they approached ... "see anything interesting", the mother asked.

... "always, there's always something interesting to see", I replied.

More ...
kettle lake shore II

kettle lake shore III

kettle lake shore IV
I hiked the area for aout 2 hours making additional images along the way, but it was the first scene and those first images that stuck out when I returned home and uploaded to by image library.
 
DJE 

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you like those birch trees, nice image. Glad you enjoyed my comment.

    ReplyDelete