2015-04-13

Photo of the Week 2015-04-13

This weekend's photo trek required careful stepping along the still icy shore of Hay Bay. Required not so much for the ice, but to make sure I didn't aggravate my back any more.

Somehow, over the past week, I'd managed to stress my lower back, likely from sitting too much in front of a computer in crappy office chairs or behind the wheel of a vehicle. I know that when work requires a lot of either, I need to balance it out with stretching exercise and long walks, neither of which I've managed to make time for recently.

So the weekend, although it required some driving time up to the cottage, was filled with walks along the road, stretching on the floor, repeat, repeat, repeat ...

After breakfast Saturday morning, Lynn and I went for an amble along the shore to see just how the ice was receding in the bay. On an earlier walk along the road, through the trees I had seen water pools developing on and in the ice an was hoping for some reflections. The wind off Huron however had a different agenda, and decided to buffet the water destroying it's mirror like surface. Thankfully I was able to find some interesting patterns made by the melting ice along the shore.

spring ice

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment