2014-07-07

Photo of the Week 2014-07-07


Spending a week of vacation up on the Bruce Peninsula always rejuvenates the soul and quiets the mind.

This past week, Lynn and I enjoyed the company of visiting friends and family for a few days. Between the visits, there was time to introduce ourselves to kayaking and of course some photography for me, but not as much as you might think. I first had to update my display at Upper deck Gallery with some appropriate seasonal work since everyone (except me) had seen enough of winter. Then I had to hang a number of framed prints to complete my installation running through July at Ancient Cedars Cafe.

Sean from Ancient Cedars is a photographer and of course we had already talked photography on a few occasions, he had also graciously offered to lend me a favourite lens of his, the Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG, to use during the week. So images hung and lens in hand, day-one was nearing it's close and we prepared for our first visitors.

I managed to make some images of visiting little ones Emma and Logan over the next couple of days. After saying goodbye on Tuesday, the next morning had me out for a visit at Singing Sands to experience the otherworldly feeling of walking out on the beach into the waves of thick fog rolling in off Lake Huron. You can see one of my images from the outing here on my Photography FB page or my flickr photostream.

My favourite image of the week came a couple of days later when I returned to Halfway Log Dump looking to explore the shore north of where the trail exits the woods to the grand shoreline of Georgian Bay. Mid-day sun is not normally optimum for photography, but the Caribbean blue waters of Georgian Bay can be stunning under sunlight and clear blue skies. I had success at this location recently and decided to return and expand on the "Hues of Blue" series showcased in a previous blog post. After all, one of those images sold from Ancient Cedars and simply has to be replaced with something new in the series.

whale rock - breeching
DJE

2 comments:

  1. Great Colours and composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken, I can't take credit for the colours, mother nature took care of that, but the composition is mine :-)

      Delete