2013-12-16

Photo of the Week 2013-12-16

Saturday morning ...
Up before 6 am ...
Coffee on ...
Cameras checked ...
Batteries checked ...
Gear packed ... 
Out I went to meet up with 2 other like minded photographers. We hit the Blue Springs section of the Guelph Radial Trail in -15*C, wind and snow. Why ?

For this ...
Along the trail near Blue Springs
Even though conditions for photography were not ideal, this is what it takes to put myself in the right spot at the right moment in the right conditions. You never know just when it will all come together. It's about maximizing the opportunities.

Hands cold, fingers frozen from working with tripod adjustments in temperatures well below freezing, feet beginning to tingle from standing still too long setting up the shot, exploring slight adjustments to composition, it's about getting the shot. Some of my friends think I'm a bit nuts to enjoy winter photography the way I do.

The truth of it is, it's also about walking and hearing the crunch of fresh cold snow beneath my feet, feeling the windblown snow on my face, hearing the voices and laughter of good friends ... It's all about doing the things I love, living and enjoying life.

DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment