2013-09-09

Photo of the Week 2013-09-09

My photo outing this weekend was a simple walkabout Saturday morning in downtown Guelph, before the rain drove us indoors at OX Cafe, for croissant and latté. After several weekends of shooting landscapes and nature, it was quite a departure to shoot in an urban setting, particularly under grey heavy skies.

Most of the shooting time was concentrated in a single block around the SE corner of Quebec and Norfolk apart from wandering across the street now and then. I had planned to look for details in and around the side streets and lane ways for a possible project on "back alley art" but I was finding none of the usual graffiti of interest. It was a splash of colour on a wall that caught my eye as the rain began ... signs of summer ending and fall soon to arrive.

courtyard creeper
I may not have a post for the next two weeks. My wife and I are off to Italy to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and I know I won't be writing blog posts from there. I have not missed a week since beginning this blog almost 4 years ago so I hope I am able to set up a couple to automatically publish while I'm away.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment