2013-05-06

Photo of the Week 2013-05-06

A number of years ago, when I began taking a DSLR along on hikes on local trails, I was no doubt, "back into photography". It started out with a few images made as Lynn and I enjoyed the sights and sounds of local woodlands and fields. Over the years we have continued to add an ever expanding list of trails that have provided opportunity for some of my favourite images.

This past weekend, Lynn and I decided to take another day trip up the Bruce Peninsula to Tobermorey and hike some of the trails in Bruce Peninsula National Park. After a later start than planned we arrived at the Cyprus Lake access to the park just before noon with warm sunny weather. Another hiker told us that some of the trails were muddy and washed out on certain sections but that the Georgian Bay Trail leading out to Indian Head Cove was in good condition.

The trail is not long and well maintained with stone screenings which made for easy going. As we came to the end of the woodland section at Indian Head Cove, we were presented with striking views of the water and cliffs. In the mid day sun, the water was that gorgeous, clear, Georgian Blue that I love, hard to capture in a photograph but you know that I gave it my best shot.

Indian Head Cove
more ...

On the Lookout ...


 










lookout edge
... oh, and I made time for golf (I walk and carry my clubs) on Sunday, the legs got a great workout this weekend :-)

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Ian Frazer, Victoria BC6 May 2013 at 10:26

    Crystal blue exposure!

    Nice shots & a good day for a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots Doug. I had forgotten that lovely blue of Georgian Bay. June

    ReplyDelete