2011-12-12

Photo of the Week 2011-12-12

winter's advancing grasp

With temperatures of -6*C at 7:00 am as we set out for a local conservation area, it felt more like winter than any day so far.

We decided to check out the west side of Mountsberg Reservoir in the hour or so before the gates opened. Wandering the trails as sun rose in the sky, I came across this scene and knew it had potential for an image. I moved around to examine different vantage points to get the best composition. Although I wish I could have placed the rock more off-centre in the frame, I think this works well with the cat tails in the foreground grabbing the viewers attention.

I particularly liked how the ice appears to be moving out from the shore to grasp the rock and envelop the open waters.

DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment