2011-03-28

Photo of the Week 2011-03-28

A recent business trip would take me to Chatham, ON and I decided to head for the Lake Erie shore and make time for some photography before the evening light was gone.

Rose Beach Evening


I had been wanting to go to Erieau and photograph the aging wooden pilings along the shoreline with setting sun in the background. As I headed for my planned location, I detoured to follow the shore of Lake Erie as closely as possible from south of Ridgetown, ON. Turning along Rose Beach Line, the beach below the small bluff with waters reflecting the blue and cloud of the evening skies was enough to make me stop and get out for some shooting. The wind was cold and raw with the warmth from the sun rapidly disappearing. I nearly got back in the vehicle to pass on the location but decided to scramble down the bluff to make some images from beach level, and I'm glad I did.

The perspective from beach level with the waves forming lines along the shore and cloud lines running out into the lake made for some interesting patterns. I made several exposures and then spotted a beached log to compose in the foreground ... just what the scene needed. I made a few more images and scrambled back up the bluff to the warmth of my vehicle before heading over to Erieau.
Images from that location to follow ... maybe.

DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment