2010-03-22

Photo of the Week 2010-03-22

sugar shack
... a sign of the season.

I went out this Saturday with a few photographer friends to capture some early spring farm scenery in Halton region. We had some success but the flat overcast cloud cover made it challenging to include the sky in any image
and keep it interesting. At one point I mentioned that it would be nice to find a farmhouse with smoke rising from the chimney. We had no such luck on our travels on that day.
Returning to the area Sunday to capture another scene we had driven by the previous day, I approached the location and noticed a cloud of black smoke billowing up from behind a farmhouse and went to check it out. Passing in front of the house I came upon the image above. There was thick black smoke pouring out one stack of a sugar shack and steam out of another. Several minutes later the black smoke was gone and so was the drama. It's all about putting yourself in the right spot at the right time. In my excitement having caught the moment, I forgot to go in for some samples ...
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment